Our motto is not just a collection of words, it was formed by all that the band does. We are a community band of over 45 musicians from various backgrounds, ages and abilities which participates at over 40
events on the Island and the Mainland each year including carnivals, fetes, bandstands, concerts and private events.
On this website you will be able to find out more about us, where we are appearing and even how to get involved.
A brief history
Wight Diamonds Marching Band was formed in January 2000 by 12 musicians with the following aims:
· to carry on the tradition, friendship and spirit of marching bands on the Isle of Wight in an independent environment.
· to be a band from the community, working in the community, for the good of the community
· to provide a friendly and sociable environment in marching bands for like minded people of all ages and abilities.
Weekly subs are £1.50 for adults and £1.00 for under-18′s (monthly standing orders can be arranged).
The band has a set of its own marching drums and percussion instruments and we do have a number of other instruments available for learners should you need one. Although we are not professional music teachers, we will always support the learning and development of playing for everybody from complete beginners upwards. There is no upper age limit for learning to play an instrument!
Our uniform is currently:
- tunic (*)
- navy blue (printed) T-shirt (*)
- white belt (*)
- navy blue beret with badge (*)
- black trousers with blue stripe (*)
- black socks
- black polished shoes/boots
- white gloves (dependent on instrument) (*)
- for girls with long hair – hair in a neat bun with bun net
- wet weather raincoats (*)
The items marked (*) are supplied by the band.